Pearl Barley with Shrimps and Saffron
This dish is ideal when unexpected visitors just announced they are coming! A lovely combination of seafood with vegetables, pasta and beans.And the best thing? It's ready in less than half an hour
2 tea cups of pearl barley
8 large shrimps
1 tea cup of boiled broad beans
2 fresh onions finely chopped
2 spoons of parsley finely chopped
1/4 gr. saffron
1/3 tea cup of olive oil
juice and grind of 1 lemon
- Boil the pearl barley in salted water, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Sprinkle a little sunflower oil to prevent it from sticking.
Soak saffron in 2 spoonfuls of lukewarm water and leave for 15 minutes.
- When it releases its color and aroma, mix in the olive oil, juice and grind of lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Clean and salt the shrimps.
- Sauté for a few moments, over strong heat, in a little olive oil.
- Cut the tomato in half, remove seeds and cut into thin slices.
Mix the pearl barley with the broad beans, tomato, onions, parsley and shrimps.
- Add the dressing and serve.