Pappardelle with Saffron
Saffron has been used as a spice since Roman times. It is an intense spice that adds delicious flavour and colour to a dish.
400 gr. pappardelle
20 g onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic
tsp sweet paprika
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
Tbs dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
granulated sugar, just a bit at the tip of a teaspoon
1 cup gruyere, grated
- Finely chop onion and tomatoes
- Chop garlic
1. In a heavy bottom non-stick frying pan, stir–fry the garlic, paprika and onion.
2. When the garlic begins to brown a little, remove it and add the tomatoes.
3. Continue stir-frying until the tomatoes are soft and add the wine.
4. Cover the frying pan with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Boil the pappardelle in ample salted water for 4-5 minutes, where you have previously added the saffron.
6. Remove and serve the pappardelle in a large dish.
7. Pour the sauce over and sprinkle with ample cheese.