Mallorca-style potato salad (Ensalada de Patatas Mallorquinas)
Anchovies, potato, boiled-egg and mayo, this really does sound like a party we wouldn't want to be missing! A Mediterranean potato salad perfect for a light summer lunch.
2 lbs potatoes
seasoning to taste
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 bunch parsley
3/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
1 medium can sardines in oil
4 small canned anchovy fillets
6 black olives
- Chop the anchovies into small pieces
- Hard boil the eggs strating from cold water for 14 minutes
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins until cooked but firm. Allow to cool. (If old potatoes are used, peel them; if using new potatoes, leave the skins on.)
2. Cut the potatoes into medium slices, put into a serving dish, add seasoning and stir in the vinegar.
3. Add the mayonnaise and anchovies and mix well. Then arrange the sardines, hard-boiled egg slices and olives on top.
4. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices.