Dried Bean Stew
This is a very healthy and economically meal for a family that is simple to make and delicious to eat.
1/2 kg dried beans
150 ml of oil (olive or cooking oil)
3 medium sized onions chopped
1/2 kg ripe tomatoes chopped
1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
salt & pepper
1. Soak the beans in cold water overnight.
2. Drain the beans, wash and put them in a pan with sufficient water, and bring to a boil.
3. Heat the oil in a pot, add the onions, and stir until they become golden in color.
4. Add the tomatoes, some water and the parsley, and let the mixture cook slowly.
5. When the beans are half - cooked, strain them and put them in the tomato and onion mixture. Salt and pepper.
6. Leave the pan on the heat, until the beans are completely cooked.
7. If necessary add some of the water in which the beans were boiled.