Chicken with Feta Cheese
A trio of Greek flavors gives these chicken drumsticks Mediterranean flair.
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves,minced
- 1-17 ounce can plum tomatoes with liquid,coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet and brown chicken pieces.
Transfer chicken to a platter.
Add the teaspoon of oil to the pan along with the sliced onions.
Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or until onions start to brown.
Add the chopped tomatoes and liquid, oregano and pepper.
Place chicken pieces on the sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
Arrange feta on top of chicken.
Cover and cook for two minutes until the feta is melted.