Chicken Breast cooked with Capers and Chunks of Lemon
The rich lemon caper sauce adds a zesty flavor to the tender chicken breasts making it such a light and delicious meal.
1 large lemon
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
500 gr boneless chicken breasts
3-4 tbs. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup chicken broth
2 tbs Greek capers, rinsed and drained
½ tsp sugar
1 tbs butter
2 tbs chopped parsley
1. Peel the rind and pith off the lemon, then cut the fruit into small cubes. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts with the flour, tapping off any excess.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick or cast-iron skillet and saute the chicken breasts until golden, turning to cook on both sides.
3. Remove from the skillet and set aside, covered, in the oven to keep warm.
4. Add the garlic to the skillet and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth.
5. As soon as it comes to a boil, using a rubber spatula scrape the crusty bits off the bottom of the skillet.
6. Add the cubed lemon, capers and sugar.
7. Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens a little.
8. Just before removing from heat, toss in the butter.
9. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve.