Baked Spaghetti with Chicken
This is a delicious Italian chicken and pasta recipe that children and adults love. it is a great way to make use of leftover chicken and the combination with vegetables and pasta make for a filling main dish.
125 g of spaghettini
2 cups of peas
1 ½ cups of cold, boiled chicken, diced (2cm cubes, approximately)
250 g of mushrooms (tinned), cut in half
2 tbs of butter
1/3 cup of milk
cup of sherry
375 g of chicken stock
3 slices of bread
3 red peppers, cut into squares, lightly sauted in oil
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
1. Cook the pasta until al dente, less than 5 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and place in a deep Pyrex oven dish (2 litre capacity).
3. Add the mushrooms and chicken.
4. In a blender, mix the milk, sherry, chicken stock and three slices of bread without the crust.
5. Blend on high speed until the mixture is well combined. Pour the mixture into a pan and simmer over low heat, stirring continuously until it reduces.
6. Pour into the dish with the pasta, add the peppers and the peas, and stir through lightly.
7. Cut the cold butter into small cubes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the pasta, add the pieces of butter, and bake for 30-35 minutes.