There are so many versions of cheesecake but they are all creamy, smooth, rich and delicious!
300 g Digestive biscuits
125 g melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon, grinded
1 tsp spice, grated
1/2 tsp fresh or dry ginger, grated
500 g cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
jest & juice from 1 lemon
1 cup cream milk
Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Grind cinnamon
- Grate spice and ginger
- Grate lemon skin
1. Crumble the biscuits and stir in the butter, the spice, the cinnamon and the ginger.
2. Spread the mixture in a baking pan 24 cm and leave it in the fridge until we prepare the filling.
3. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar until well blended.
4. Continue to beat the mixture and add the eggs one by one, then the flour, the lemon juice and the grated lemon skin, the vanilla and the cream milk.
5. Spread the mixture in the pan and bake at 180°C for approximately 45 minutes, test with a toothpick in the center to see if it is tight. Leave it to cool approximately 8 hours before taking it out of the pan and serve.
Variations to the basic recipe
- Cheese cake with ginger and honey: Add a teaspoon of ginger to the base and replace the sugar with honey.
- Cheese cake with chocolate and walnuts: Make the base with 300 g chocolate biscuits regular or with filling and don’t add any spices or ginger. For the filling don’t use lemon juice or grated lemon skin but add 150 gr melted chocolate and 150 gr chopped walnuts.