These sweet and crunchy almond clusters are even more delicious served with ice cream.
1½ cups of blanched, chopped almonds
½ cup of fresh butter
1 cup of sugar
½ cup of water
3-5 tsp of lemon juice
1. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and brown the almonds for approximately 10 minutes.
2. In a heavy based frying pan, combine the sugar, water and lemon juice, and bring to a boil; cook until the mixture becomes a golden caramel.
3. Add the almonds and mix with a wooden spoon.
4. When the caramel starts to deepen in colour, remove from heat and pour onto a greased, marble surface
5. Spread the mixture out evenly with a spatula and allow to cool completely.
6. Break into different sized pieces and store in a glass jar.