Boiled Hogget with Saffron
Hogget is the term used to refer to a sheep between one and two years of age. The spicy saffron adds unique flavor to the succulent lamb. This hearty dish is healthy, hearty and savory!
1 kilo hogget (cut into pieces)
1 whole onion
30 saffron strings (approximately)
fresh spearmint leaves
1. Wash the meat and put it in a saucepan with plenty of water to boil.
2. Skim it and add the onion with the cloves.
3. Let it boil over low heat until the meat softens.
4. Remove the onion with the cloves and add to the broth the saffron and salt. Boil for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Serve the meat and broth and sprinkle with finely chopped spearmint leaves.