These vegetable kebabs can be served as a main course accompanied by rice pilaf , or even used for a buffet lunch or dinner. The marinade aromatizes and enriches each vegetable making this, perhaps simple dish, a delight to eat!
1 large eggplant
1 medium onion
2 green bell peppers
3 large carrots
3 medium zucchini
9 small potatoes
18 whole large mushroomsleft whole unless very large, in whiuch case cut in half.
1 cup oil
1/3 cup wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 1/2 tsp hot mustard (Dijon)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp dry marjoram
1/2 tsp dry rosemary
salt & pepper
1. Wash all vegetables but do not peel.Cube as you would for meat kebabs.Bring a very large pot of water to boil. Use this as you source of water to boil all the vegetables.
2. Boil eggplant cubes in very little water for 2 minutes and drain.
3. Boil carrots and zucchini in the same manner for 6 minutes.
4. And the potatoes for about 15 minutes. Let potatoes cool and cut in half.
5. Place all vegetables (raw and cooked) in large bowl or glass pan.
6. Combine all ingredients for marinade in a bowl and pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until next day.
7. Drain and reserve marinade.
8. Thread vegetables carefully onto skewers making sure there is a variety of vegetables on skewer.
9. Cook on grill for about 15 minutes turning frequently and basting with marinade.
10. Sprinkle with salt before serving.