Taouk Oksu kazan dipi (Chicken Cream)
This is definitely a strange dessert, but testimonies say that it is the best cream they have tasted! The texture must be neither too thick neither too thin. The chicken peices need to be small enough that they nearly pass unnoticable, and you must be a daring cook to try it if you have never heard of it! We dare you....
1 chicken breast, without the skin and bones
900 ml milk
300 ml cream
175 g sugar
5 tbsp corn starch
1. Place the chicken in a deep skillet filled with water and allow it to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until it is cooked.
2. Remove the chicken from the skillet, dry it very well and grind it down to thin threads.
3. Mix the corn starch with some milk. Add the cream, sugar and the rest of the milk to a pot and boil. Once the mixture reaches its boiling point, add a few spoons of it to the corn starch and then slowly empty the corn starch in the pot.
4. Cream the mixture while it simmers using a wooden ladle or a whisk. As soon as it starts to set, add the chicken threads and continue stirring until it has set completely.
5. Pour the mixture in a heavy skillet and heat it for 5-10 minutes until it singes.
6. Allow the Taouk Oksu to cool in the skillet and serve from there.