Tajeen bamia bil Dajaaj Chicken with okra
Let's cook this dish to create positive memories to subsitutue our possibly negative associations with Libya. Food always acts as a connecting force between people!
1 whole chicken
1 tbsp butter or 3 tbsp olive oil
½ kg okra
½ tsp salt
½ black pepper
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ tbsp bzaar
½ cup tomato juice
4 cloves of garlic
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut the chicken into pieces
- Clean the okra
1. Ina a mortar or a blender mix the spices, tomato, lemon juice, garlic, butter, onion with 3 cups of water.
2. Add the okra and the chicken to the mixture and marinate for 1 hour
3. Cover with foil and put the mixture in the oven. Allow to cook until the chicken is done and the okra is soft and juicy.
* Check on the water every now and then and add if necessary.