Stuffed Trout with Herbs
This stuffed trout recipe is very quick to make and can be adapted to other fish as well.
2 tbsp of parsley
2 tbsp of dill
1 tsp of dried sage
2 tsp of tarragon
1 tbsp of grated lemon rind
2 tbsp of desiccated coconut
sea salt and white pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Clean the trout and slit the belly open (use kitchen scissors for this…they give a cleaner cut). Cut the backbone from top to bottom.
2. Combine the ingredients in a blender and mix. Add the lemon rind and season to taste
3. Carefully fill each trout with a tablespoon of the stuffing. Make sure you use all the filling.
4. Secure the openings with toothpicks.
5. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a shallow ovenproof glass dish.
6. Pour in a glass of water and the juice of three lemons. Drizzle some olive oil over the fish. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and pierce with a fork 2-3 times; cook on high for about 10 minutes.
7. Turn the fish over (add more water to the dish if necessary), cover again with the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
8. Serve with oil and lemon on the side