Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Manouri Cheese
This modern Greek chicken recipe is for our Gourmed friends who may not be the biggest fans of cooking but who may still sometimes want to impress others with an imaginative and tasty dish!
4 chicken breasts, fillets
200 g manouri cheese
500 g spinach, frozen or fresh depending on the season
½ bundle dill
100 gr almonds, blanched and finely sliced
8 bacon strips, optional
juice from 2 oranges
salt & pepper
- Finely chop the scallions
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Cook the scallions in a little olive oil until transparent.
2. Add the dill, the well-strained spinach, salt and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes, until fluids boil away.
3. As soon as the spinach is cooked, allow time for it to cool and toss in the manouri cheese.
4. Slice the chicken fillets in halves, without separating the pieces, and add salt and pepper.
5. Divide the spinach mixture into four portions and place one in each chicken fillet.
6. Seal each fillet using a toothpick that connects both parts, using it as thread.
* You may wrap bacon strips around each fillet.
7. Heat up a thin layer of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the fillets well on both sides (make sure the oil is very hot, nearly burning!). When ready set aside in an oven pan.
8. Whisk olive oil with orange juice and drizzle over the fillets.
9. Sprinkle with the blanched and sliced almonds and cook for 20- 30 minutes in the oven.