Baked French Potatoes and Rocket
This baked potato side dish is interesting because it is a mix of fresh and baked ingredients. Like a salad it is served cold or a room temperature, and great accompany to grilled fish. Α glorious journey for your palate.
1 kg potatoes
5 carrots, cut in two or three pieces
1 garlic head
¼ cup olive oil
1 lemon juice
2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
1 tbsp caraway seeds
1 bunch rocket
200 gr goat cheese of your choice
sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Cut the carrots into two or three pieces each.
- Wash the potatoes and sterilize them by immersing in boiling water for 2 minutes. Cut them in half.
- Put the garlic in cold water for a minute and separate the cloves, without peeling them.
- Place the potatoes unpeeled and cut in half into the crockpot and wet them with olive oil
- Intersperse the carrots between the potatoes and add the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Add the rosemary leaves and the caraway seeds, salt pepper and one lemon juice. Mix the vegetables, making sure the spices are distributed well.
- Cover the crockpot and bake for 45 minutes
- When cooked, allow to cool in the fridge. Once cool but not necessarily cold, add the rocket and goat's cheese. Mix well.
- Serve room temperature.