Salad: Chickpea, roasted pepper and caper
Chickpeas, are a Mediterranean favorite that can be cooked in a variety of ways. This salad is fresh, healthy and would work as an addition to your meze table or as an accompaniment to a simple fish or meat! We believe bean salads are much more exciting than what one expects them to be, and should be incorporated in a our weekly diet.!
450g jar roasted red peppers, drained, and diced
3 sprigs fresh mint
3 Tbs rinsed Santorini capers
2 large garlic cloves
3 tbsp artisan raw extra virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Drain and dice the roasted red pepper
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain.
- Chop the fresh mint
- Rinse the capers to remove the brine
- mine the garlic cloves
- Squeeze lemon
1. Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a saucepan, add the chickpeas. Cook, covered over low heat until tender (about 1½ hours).
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl apart fomr the olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Mix in the oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and chill.
*Can be prepared 1 day before serving.