Puff Pastry Croissant with Prosciutto
Proscuitto and cheese are a delicious pair for these fresh flaky croissants.
250 g puff pastry, French type
80 g parmesan, grated
a little bit of grana cheese (or kefalotiri), grated
300 g prosciutto in slices
1 egg, slightly beaten
freshly grated pepper
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Roll out on a floured surface a puff pastry leaf 2 cm thick.
2. Sprinkle the whole surface of the leaf with the grated parmesan and the freshly grated pepper and spread the prosciutto slices together, in rectangle triangles with an 8 cm side.
3. Fold the triangles – from their longer side towards the top – enclosing the prosciutto.
4. Fold the two edges in such a way so that they have the shape of the croissant.
5. With a brush, dipped in the slightly beaten egg, daub the surface of the croissants.
6. Sprinkle over them the grated grana cheese (or kefalotiri) and bake them in the oven at or about 20 minutes.