Leg of Lamb Kebabs Honey Glazed
The honey glaze adds succulent flavor to these lamb kebabs marinated with mediterranean herbs.
4 garlic cloves minced 1 1/2 Tbs salt
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
4 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 -inch cubes
3 Tbs olive oil
2 medium white onions cut into 1 1/2 -inch squares
2 tsp sugar
3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup honey,
1 Tbs mustard powder dissolved in 1 Tbs water
Light a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Mince garlic
- Cut lamb into into 1 1/2 -inch cubes
- Cut onions into 1 1/2 -inch squares
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the garlic, salt, coriander, cardamom and paprika.
2. Add the lamb and oil and coat the meat with the spice mixture.
3. Thread the lamb and onions onto metal skewers, alternating the meat and vegetables.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the honey over moderate heat until it caramelises, about 4 minutes.
5. Add the vinegar and boil for 1 minute.
6. Add the chicken stock, and boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Stir in the dissolved mustard powder.
7. Grill the kebabs over very high heat or broil, turning frequently, for 2 minutes.
8. Move the kebabs to a cooler part of the grill or further from the broiler and brush them all over with the glaze.
9. Grill or broil for about 8 minutes, turning once, until the meat is slightly pink inside.
10. Arrange the kebabs on a platter and drizzle with the remaining glaze.