This sweet syrupy treat from Istanbul is traditionally eaten during Christmas.
1200 g flour
400 ml olive oil
100 g sugar
200 ml orange juice
1 tsp of soda
1 tsp of baking powder
Preheat oven at 180º C.
1. Beat the oil with the sugar until it becomes fluffy.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, adding the flour last.
3. Shape into triangles and make a little hole in the middle.
4. Mix the walnuts with the cinnamon and sugar.
5. Stuff with walnuts and bake for 25 min.
6. Prepare the syrup. Pour the cold syrup over the isli as soon as you remove them from the oven.