Homemade Pasta with Saffron
This yellow, rich, aromatic pasta is wonderful with fish and shellfish in a broth, wine, or cream sauce, or with sautéed chicken.
750 g hard flour
½ kg semolina, fine
½ g saffron
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sunflower oil
1 small cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten
lukewarm water, as much as necessary
1. Put the saffron in a cup of water and let it sit for a few hours.
2. Put the flour and the semolina in a bowl or in the mixer’s bowl and add all the ingredients.
3. Start kneading, adding water, as much as necessary, for the dough to become good and not stick on your hands. It needs a lot of kneading.
4. When it is ready, let the dough sit covered with a towel to rest so that you can roll it out easily.
5. Roll out into a sheet , cut long and thin slices and cook while fresh or after they have dried out.
6. Make noodles (hilopites) or shape thin cords like the macaroni on the market.
7. You can also cut the dough into small pieces and stuff them with cheese, minced meat or spinach.