Giant Beans with Smoked Meat (Syglino)
The syglino adds a delicious smoked taste and aroma to the classic greek Giant beans gigantes.
1/2 kg giant beans
250 gr smoked pork (syglino) finely sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 can of plum tomatoes
salt & pepper
Preheat oven at 180° C.
- Finely slice syglino
- Finely chop onion
- Finely slice garlic
1. Place the giant beans overnight in a bowl with water.
2. The next day boil them in plenty of water until they become soft and then drain them.
3. In a pot, sauté the onion, garlic and smoked meat (syglino).
4. Add the giant beans and plum tomatoes and let them come to a boil.
5. Place all of the ingredients in a pan and cook them in the oven until ready.