Gazpacho-Spanish summer soup
Gazpacho is a cold summer soup that was originally made only with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, chopped onions, water, and salt and poured over left over bread. It changed with the addition of different vegetables and the invention of the blender. The recipes vary across the different provinces and are always a subject of discussion.
5 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
2 medium-sized cucumbers
1 large onion
1 medium-sized green pepper
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup of white wine vinegar
2 tbs red wine vinegar
4 dl olive oil
4 cups cold water
4 tsp salt
- We cut the tomatoes in quarts
- We peel and cut the cucumber in largish chunks
- We chop the onion in rough medium sized pieces
- We seed the pepper and chop roughly
- We reserve a small quantity of vegetables to dice them for garnish.
- We combine all the ingredients except the water in a large bowl. We mix them thoroughly. We cover with cling film and we leave it in the fridge for about 6 hours.
- In a food processor blitz the mixture with the water. Check seasoning and rectify the texture adding more water/olive oil.
- We refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- We stir it before serving.
- We serve it with the freshly chopped vegetables (in some cases is served with chopped hard boiled eggs )