Fresh Spinach Salad with Apples and Bacon
The crispy bacon and tart apples add so much flavor and heartiness to this salad. It is a pleasure to eat!
400g fresh spinach
2 green apples
3 spring onions
1/4 cup flavored vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
50g parmesan flakes
6 slices of bread
3 tbsp melted butter
Preheat the oven at 160°C.
1. Wash and clean the spinach well cutting off the stems.
2. Drain the leaves well and cut them into thick pieces.
3. Wash the apples very well and slice them with the skin and then place them in water with some freshly squeezed lemon juice, to prevent discoloration.
4. Finely chop the onions and the bacon. Sauté with the olive oil in a skillet.
5. When the bacon is done add the vinegar and continue to stir for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Allow bacon and onions to cool.
8. While the mixture is cooling we prepare the croutons.
- Dice the bread, pour over the melted butter and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Mix the spinach, the apples and the sautéed bacon in a bowl and add more salt if required.
10. Sprinkle the parmesan flakes on the salad and garnish with the croutons.