Fish Soup with Egg and Lemon Sauce
Fish soup to some is comfort food while to others is a delicacy and therein lies its magic. According to the ingredients you chose, the way you present it, the size you cut the vegetables the result will be more rustic or less rustic.
2 kg of mixed fish
1 large onion
3-4 stalks of celery
(1 tsp for each serving)
- Chop the vegetables in medium sized regular sizes
1. Take a large pot and cοok the vegetables thoroughly in plenty οf salted water.
2. As soon as the potatoes are boiled but still uncooked in the center, add the fish.
(Note: first add the fish with the firmest flesh, such as rascase, then the other fish 10 minutes later, and last the whiting or hake; a medium-sized hake only takes 6 minutes tο cook).
3. After adding the first fish tο the pot, add enough olive oil tο make a thin film across the surface, plus the juice of half a lemon.
4. As soon as the fish are done, remove using a draining spoon (if they are left in too long, the soup will smell too strong and may taste unpleasant).
5. Then remove the vegetables, and place οn a serving-dish around the fish.
6. Strain the broth, replace in the pan, and add the (washed) rice. If there is too much broth, boil to reduce most of it. In any case, the rice will take quite a while to cook to the right consistency.
7. While the rice is cooking, beat 2 eggs (yolks and whites) in a bowl.
8. In a little water, dissolve 1 teaspoonful of corn flour and add to the eggs, stirring continuously. Add the rest of the lemon juice. As soon as the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of the broth.