This is a classic libyan fish recipe; what gives it its nationality is the kammon hoot spicy sauce that is used specifically for fish and is particular to Libya. It is made up of cumin, coriander, mint, chilli, and garlic. Easy and very tasty!
4 pieces of fish
½ spoon salt
½ chopped garlic
½ spoon kammon hoot
½ spoon chilli
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the onion in julienne.
1. Marinate the fish in lemon, salt, kammon hoot and 1 tsp garlic.
2. Put some oil in pan heat it up until it sizzles then put onions, rest of garlic and heat till coloured.
3. Add tomato paste and tomato juice. Let boil on high for 5 minutes then add salt, kammon and water.
4. After 10 min. Add the marinated fish to the mixture and cook for 15 minutes.