Egg and Lemon Soup made with Turkey
This is a lighter version of the classic Greek avglemono soup substituting chicken with turkey.
12 cups of turkey stock, made from the wings, neck and intestines, or, the whole bird
6 tbs of rice
2 eggs, separated
juice of 2 lemons
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring the stock to a boil, add the rice and allow to cook until soft.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff; in another bowl beat the yolks together.
3. Very slowly, add the lemon juice to the yolks, beating constantly. Blend this mixture carefully into the eggs whites.
4. Gradually add 2 cups of stock to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Slowly pour this mixture into the remaining stock, stirring in one direction only. Add salt and pepper to taste and heat without boiling.