This recipe is easy, rich in taste and a great way to get people who do not love vegetables to eat them.
8 medium sized zucchini
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch basil leaves
8 oz. fresh goat cheese
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sour cream
salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Wash and cut the zucchini into slices of about 0.5 cm thick.
- Steam the zucchini until tender and drain in a colander.
- Mix the garlic with the basil leaves, salt and pepper using a mortar and pestle or chop the ingredients in the smallest pieces you can.
- Take a bowl and mix into the zucchini making sure that it gets everywhere.
- Place the zucchini slices in a shallow oven proof dish, layering them carefully so as to be neatly stacked. Between each layer sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Combine the beaten eggs and sour cream and pour the mix over the zucchini. Cook in oven at 170ºC for 15 minutes, then reduce to 150° for 30 minutes.
- When the gratin is brown on top, remove from the oven.