This dish could become one of your all time favorites ! Easy to make and flavorful! Alone at home and want to treat yourself to something yummy, stuffed steak will do the trick!
4 rump steaks
1 tbsp butter
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
4 tbsp cream
4 tbsp blue cheese crumbled
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp spearmint
2 spring onions
½ glass of white wine (preferably a greek wine- Samian Yellow)
salt, pepper & paprika
1. Finely cut the spearmint, the parsley and the spring onions. Coarsley chop the walnuts. Mix the parsley, spearmint, and spring onions in a bowl, and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Add a little butter, the blue cheese olive oil, and mix well.
2. Slit the steaks from one side and stuff them with the mixture. Press them to close well and sprinkle them on the outside with paprika, salt and pepper.
3. In a large deep pan, heat up the oil and butter, once really hot, add the steaks. Brown on either side, then add wine and lemon and cover to cook. Cooking time will depend on the degree of cooking you want.
* Make sure that you cook few at a time so as not to lower the heat of the oil. Repeat as many times as necessary.
* Add extra oil and butter if you see that it has been totally absorbed (or become black), every time you add a new steak
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as necessary and on the final round add the walnuts and allow it all to cook. Remove the steak from the pan, let the wine reduce, and combine the sauce with the cream.