Cold Cucumber Soup with Tomato Vinaigrette
This soup served chilled is a light and refreshing meal perfect for the summer!
For the soup
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion, chopped in medium sized pieces
- 4 small cucumbers,peeled, deseeded into cubes
- 3-4 large romaine lettuce leaves, torn up into small sized pieces
- 1 lt. warm vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, parsley, dill or basil
- olive oil, salt, pepper
For the tomato vinaigrette
- 1 large tomato, peeled and deseeded
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Finely chop the herbs.
Boil the potato, peel and cool.
Blend together all the ingredients, apart from the herbs, to make the soup; for a finer texture pass it through a thin sieve.
Add the herbs, and season to taste. Set aside to cool for at least one hour in the fridge.
Blend together the tomato and vinegar, and slowly pour in the oil.
Serve in a small shot glass for a finger food buffet or a bowl as an appetizer. Pouring the soup in first, and then adding the vinaigrette.