Chicken Stuffed with Katiki and Cappers
The Greek traditional cheese katiki adds a light creaminess to the chicken breast and combined with the capers transforms the chicken to something extra special.
2 chicken breasts
250 gr katiki (a kind of spread made of cheese and yogurt)
the whites of 2 eggs
2 tbs capers
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
- Beat egg whites lightly
- Finely chop capers
1. Slit the chicken breasts in half and dab them lightly with a mallet to make lean.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Cream the cheese, egg whites, cappers, basil, salt and pepper, to make a creamy paste.
4. Spread the paste evenly on both chicken breasts and then roll them up in aluminum foil. Place them in boiling water for 20 min.
- Roast the peppers and remove skin.
- Blend peppers (first the yellow ones and then the red) with a touch of olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
5. Slice the rolled chicken breasts (thick slices) and serve adding a spoonful of yellow pepper sauce in the middle, 2 spoonfuls of red pepper sauce all around the plate and finely garnish with fresh basil.