Bitter Chocolate Cake with Rum and Honey
A chocolate tart with pistachio; smooth textured, rich and bitter. Just read the recipe and we are sure you will want to try it!
Base: 1 sweet pastry recipe + 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
400g chocolate (72%)
500g double cream
2 t.s. thyme honey
2 t.s. dark rum
½ cup crashed pistachios"
- Make the base for the chocolate cake
1. Cut the bitter chocolate in a basin and we pour the thyme honey upon it.
2. Warm up the double cream and before it boils take it off the heat.
3. Pour it over the chocolate and stir very well with a spatula until it becomes homogenous.
4. Finally, we add the rum and stir. We leave the cream to get cold, stirring every while.
5. Take the ring mould with the cake’s chocolate base and season it with the crushed pistachios.
6. Pour the chocolate mix into it. Put in the fridge for 2-4 hours until it hardens. Loosen the mould . Before serving, leave the cake at room temperature for 15 minutes.