Baked Quince in Red Wine
You can make this dessert with any fruit, top it with ice cream, or yogurt, use it to top a more dry cake-type dessert. It is one of those desserts that smells and tastes of home, warmth and love!
5 large pommes de cydon
330 g sugar
1 ½ cups red wine
2 cinnamon sticks
- Peel the quinces, removing the seeds, and cut in half.
Preheat the oven in 180°C
1. Place the quinces in a baking tin or a Pyrex, facing down.
2. Pour as much water as needed to cover them.
3. Add the sugar, the wine, and the cinnamon sticks to the baking tin.
4. Bake the quince until soft, around 35’-40’.
5. Let them chill and serve in their syrup.