Sour Cherry Soft Drink (Vissinada)
This refreshing soft drink is deliciously quenching on a hot summer day.
1 kg mature sour cherries
1 kg sugar
1 glass of water
1. Remove all the leaves and the stalks from the cherries.
2. Check each cherry and remove any bad piece.
3. Rinse well and place in a pot.
4. Pour in the water and add the sugar.
5. Heat the mixture at the maximum temperature.
6. When the mixture starts to boil lower the temperature and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring all the time.
7. Remove the pot and pour the mixture in a strainer with another pot underneath.
8. Leave the cherries in the strainer for some minutes, after some time the syrup is poured in the pot.
9. Let the syrup become cold and pour the syrup in clean bottles with the use of a funnel.
10. Store the cherry syrup in the refrigerator.