Mediterranean vegetable Napoleons
2 globe aubergines (eggplants)
4 green peppers
4 large zucchini
2 dry onions
4 medium sized potatoes
2 garlic cloves
½ bunch finely chopped parsley
½ bunch finely chopped fresh coriander
or 1 tbs dry coriander powder
1 tsp paprika
4 tbs vinegar
salt & pepper
sunflower oil for frying
- Slice all the vegetables into pieces 0.5 cm thick circles.
- Boil the potatoes, onions and zucchini in salted water for 7-8 minutes and strain.
- Fry the aubergines and drain them on paper towel.
- Sauté the garlic in some olive oil with the peppers until wilted. .
- Sprinkle all the vegetables with salt and pepper, the paprika, parsley and coriander.
- Brush a pan with olive oil and lay the vegetables in rows. Make sure they do not overlap too much, use as many oven pans as you need.
- Pour over the vinegar mixed with some olive oil and bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes or however much time they need to cook.
- Let cool and then beginning with the potato, start layering the vegetables.
- If you have a metal cylinder with a diameter of about 5-7 cm to use as a mould, it will help a lot, otherwise the final result will look more rough.
- Serve with a tomato coulis and garnish with mache.