A dish that overflows with classical mediterranean flavors. Fish, vegetables and herbs gives a tasty and such healthy summer meal.
1 ½ kg. mullet
juice of 1 lemon
½ cup olive oil
2 onions, sliced
4 or 5 cloves garlic
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, cut
2 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
2 lemons (1 sliced, 1 quartered)
½ cup minced parsley
½ cup minced dill
- Wash and clean fish thoroughly.
- Cut into thick slices, cover with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, then arrange in baking dish.
- Prepare vegetables. In a deep frying pan, heat olive oil and saute without browning.
- Add garlic, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and tomato paste diluted in a little sugar water.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then transfer to pan with fish. Pour remaining olive oil over pan.
- Cover with lemon slices and bake in oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Remove lemon slices; sprinkle with parsley and dill, garnish with lemon quarters, and serve.