500 g chicken
3-4 tbsp butter
½ cup of peeled walnuts
5-6 cloves garlic
1-2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp vinegar
5-6 cups water
1. Simmer chicken in water seasoned with salt to taste until tender, about 1 hour.
2. Remove chicken from cooking water, reserving 1-cup stock. Cool chicken slightly, then cut into 4 portions.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and saute until lightly browned. Remove chicken pieces and keep warm.
4. Melt the remaining butter in the same saucepan you browned the chicken. Add flour and cook, stiring constantly, until lightly browned.
5. Add stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
6. Add vinegar, garlic, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook until warm.
7. Spoon sauce over chicken pieces.