4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup olive oil
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp olive oil
3 1/2 ounces chopped onions
1/2 pound juicy black olives, pitted
1 tsp dry oregano
6 sprigs mint leaves
Freshly ground pepper
Sesame seeds (optional)
Making the dough.
1. In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients. In another bowl beat together the olive oil and orange juice. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and knead briefly to make a soft dough.
Making the Pie.
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Warm oil and sauté onion and olives for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients –minus the sesame seeds— and sauté a few more minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
2. Divide the dough into 4. Flatten each piece to make a strip about 16X 4,5 inches. Place 1/4 of the filling forming a line in the middle of the strip and fold lengthwise to cover, forming a log. Wet the edge and press to seal.
3. With large spatulas transfer to a baking sheet, seam-side down. If you like, sprinkle the working surface with sesame seeds before flattening and shaping the dough.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until light golden. Let cool completely before slicing with a good serrated knife, to serve.