Short crust pastry:
350g all-purpose flour
pinch of satt
butter for greasing quiche tins
2 tbsp cream
200 g bacon, diced
1 cup (240 ml.) milk
1 cup (240 ml.) cream
pinch of ground nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Combine flour with butter, cream, and salt; knead into a smooth dough.
2. Divide the dough into eight equal parts. Roll out and line buttered quiche tins. Prick dough with fork in 2 or 3 places. Let rest in refrigerator for 20 mins,
3. Bake pastry cases for about 20 minutes until light golden colour; cover with foil to prevent browning and add beans for weight. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Boil bacon in a little water for 2 mins and strain. Divide among pie shells.
5. In double boiler, combine milk and cream. Add eggs and stir gently until a light custard forms, season with pepper and nutmeg. Pour over bacon.
6. Return to oven and bake at 200°C for 20-30 mins.
7. Τurn off heat but leave quiche in oven for about 10 mins more. Remove and serve.