1 lb pearl onions
1 lb lamb
2 tbsp flour
2 cups water
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper
1. Wet hands and shape meat into small round balls.
2. Fry onions until pale brown.
3. Remove and fry meatballs in the same fat. Remove and add to onions.
4. In the same pot, brown the flour, remove from flame, add water, and stir until thin. Return to flame with cinnamon, adjust seasoning, and boil.
5. Gently lower meatballs and onions into the pot and simmer over moderate flame. Immediately before serving add lemon juice and boil 1-2 minutes longer.