1 packet filo dough
500g low fat cottage cheese
500g full fat cottage cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 a cup of oil (sunflower, or other light-tasting oil)
1 cup milk
1/2 a cup of buttermilk
1 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 250°C.
1. Combine both types of cottage cheese in large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add salt, oil, milk, and buttermilk, and beat until well combined.
2. Place one layer of pastry in the bottom of a deep pan.
3. Dip almost all of the remaining pieces of pastry into the batter and then place them at random in the pan. Reserve about three undipped pieces for the top, as well as several tablespoons of batter.
4. Cover the top of the mixture with the remaining pastry layers. Cut up the butter into small pieces and place on the pastry.
5. Spoon the remaining batter and the additional tablespoon of milk over the top. Cook for about 40 minutes, until nicely browned on top.
6. Invert onto a plate. Serve warm. This dish is often accompanied by a glass of buttermilk or beer.