2 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 fresh red chile
salt and freshly ground pepper
6 sprigs fresh mint
mint sprigs, to garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add bell peppers and chile, cover and cook 8 minutes or until bell peppers are just tender.
3. Add tomatoes to bell pepper mixture, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are blended but still retain their shape and texture.
4. Season with salt and pepper and stir in mint.
5. Divide mixture among four ovenproof dishes. Make an indentation in vegetables and carefully add an egg to each one.
6. Cook in oven 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs have set.
7. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
*The eggs may be cooked in skillet, if preferred. Make four indentations in mixture and break in eggs. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minuts, basting occasionally with juices.