1 kg of flour
½ cup of olive oil
warm water, as much as needed
For the filling
2 tubs of fresh cheese, 8 oz each
2 tbs of dill, finely chopped
1 tbs of olive oil per pie
Preheat oven at 180°C.
1. Put the flour in a bowl, combine with the salt and olive oil, add warm water and knead. This should produce a medium dough.
2. Separate the dough into balls and allow to rest for a while.
3. Crumble the cheese, beat the eggs and combine with the cheese; add the dill and a little pepper.
4. Roll out the pastry finely, sprinkling with corn flour, and cut into 30cm by 12cm strips.
5. Place some filling along the length of the strip and roll up into a long baton; form into a figure 8 by coiling the ends in opposite directions and arrange on a greased baking tray.
6. Once the tray has been filled, brush a tablespoon of oil over each pie and bake.
7. Remove from oven and pour over the remaining oil and arrange on platter.