2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 a large cabbage head
dash of salt
1 large green bell pepper
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, (or to taste)
1 28 oz. can undrained chopped tomato
1 16 oz. can drained garbanzo beans
1/3 cup currents or raisins
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup raw couscous
4 tbsp feta cheese
salt, to taste
1. In a large non-stick oven, sauté the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the cabbage, sprinkle with salt, and continue to sauté for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne to the pot and sauté for another minute for so.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, chick peas, and currents or raisins, and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
5. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
6. Serve over couscous, top with crumbled feta cheese, and toasted almonds.