1/4 cl olive oil
2 large onions
2 cup lentils
1 cup water
1 cup rice
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
a handful of cashews
salt to taste
1. Heat oil. Sauté onions in brunoise until light brown. Set aside.
2. Sauté onions in julienne until golden brown.
3. Cook lentils in boiling water for 15-17 minutes; add rice and sautéed onions in brunoise, the cumin and salt. Cook on low heat until well done.
4. Before serving, heat remaining sautéed onions and pour over cooked lentil and rice.
5. Serve ganished with roughly chopped cashews and hot pickles.
* This preparation should have excess sauce.