1 lb/500 gr lamb's liver
½ lb/250 gr onions diced
½ bunch dill chopped
1 ¼ cups/250 gr rice
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp butter
freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the lamb offal thoroughly with cold water. Place a saucepan full of salted water on high heat. When it begins to boil add the offal. Let boil for a few minutes until half cooked and remove.
2. Strain well and cut up into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add the finely chopped onions and cook until transparent.
4. Add the chopped offal and cook unitl lighlty browned.
5. Add the water and the herbs. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the rice.
7. Continue to simmer until the rice and offal are cooked well, then remove the pan from the heat.
8. Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl with the lemon juice, until frothy.
9. Spoon a ladel of the liquid from the soup into the egg mixture and continue beating until theegg and lemon sauce is frothy.
10. Pour this quickly into the hot soup, making sure that it does not boil or else the eggs will curdle.
11. Season the soup with salt and pepper, and serve hot.