2 tsp olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 qt water
2 pkts instant beef broth and seasoning mix
1 pkt instant chicken broth and seasoning mix
6 oz potatoes
1 c seeded and diced canned tomatoes
1 bay leaf
6 oz cooked veal sausage
4 oz drained canned chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
1 c cooked chopped kale
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a 3 to 4-quart saucepan heat oil over high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add water and broth mixes and stir until dissolved.
3. Reduce heat to low and add potatoes, tomatoes, carrot and bay leaf; cover and let simmer until vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook until sausage and chick-peas are heated through, about 5 minutes longer.
5. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.