1 small onion
2 tbsp (about 1 oz) chopped serrano ham, or other cured ham
3 cups fish stock
2 tbsp olive oil
4 ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup (4 oz) crabmeat
1/2 cup (4 oz) peeled shrimps/prawns seasoning to taste
3 tbsp light cream
1. Put the oil into a large, heavy frying pan and sauté the onion until soft.
2. Add the chopped ham and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and fish stock.
3. Check for seasoning, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Allow to cool, then process in an electric blender or gently press through a wire sieve with a wooden spoon.
5. Return the broth to the pan, add the crabmeat and shrimps and heat through but do not boil. Stir in the cream and serve immediately.
(If the soup is served cold, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least one hour.)
*Serve with a glass of strong, sparkling Asturian cider.