1 lb beef
2 cups meat stock
2 lbs okra
2 hot chili peppers
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp butter
salt & pepper
1. Boil the meat in water/stock for 30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Remove the meat from the broth and add the okra and peppers. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Once cooked through mash with a fork or in a blender.
4. Mix the meat and the mashed okra in another cooking pot.
5. Prepare the ta'liya by mixing the garlic with the coriander, salt and pepper.
6. Put the butter in a small pan and add the mixture to it. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until it turns golden brown, take care that it doesn't get too dark as the garlic becomes bitter.
7. When ready pour it all into the okra and meat.
*So as not to lose an inch of the taliya Egyptians take some of the okra mixture pour it in the small pan and pour it back into then okra and meat.