½ kg lamb neck fillet cut into cubes
2 tbsp oil
5 cups yogurt
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tsp dried mint
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
1 egg white
a pinch of mixed spices (7 or 5 spice mix)
2 cups water
1. Brown onions in a saucepan until soft.
2. Add the meat pieces and spices, fry for a few minutes and then bring to a boil by adding water. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for almost 1 hour or till the meat is tender (you can use a pressure cooker for faster and better results).
3. Once the meat is tender if the sauce is still very watery, remove the lamb and reduce it to half.
4. In the meantime combine yogurt, egg, cornflour and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lowe the heat and keep stirring all the time in the same direction.
5. Once it has started to thicken and resembles a sort of creamy gravy add the cooked meat with its sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Heat some butter in a separate pan, add garlic and mint, fry for one minute and then pour over the yogurt. Serve the meat with some rice.